|Property Name||5d St Lawrence Terrace, Near Portobello Road, London|
|Property Location||view map|
|Property Type||3 bedroom flat|
|For further information & viewings, contact||Julia Hailes|
tel: 01935 864423
Newly eco-renovated 3 bedroom (2 double, 1 single) flat, ideally located close to Portobello Road. The flat is bright and sunny, overlooking cherry trees in the street below. It has a generous reception room with modern open-plan kitchen, master bedroom and smart en suite shower room and a future bathroom on the upper floor.
- Assessed as 59% energy-saving by Superhomes
- Refurbished sash windows
- Insulating blinds on windows
- Insulation throughout – walls, roof and floor – using recycled glass fibre
- Gas condensing boiler
- Top of the range Honeywell thermostats
- Touch screen information system – Hab Shimmy – energy monitor, travel & recycling info
- Master switch to turn off all appropriate lights & sockets
- Paint designed to keep room bright – and reduce the need for lighting
- LED lighting throughout
- Water saving features – low flush loos, low flow taps and Eco-camel shower-head
- Recycled tiles in bathroom
- Kitchen worktop made from recycled glass bottles
- Bamboo flooring in main room
- Cork flooring in bathrooms
- Fitted for home office use in 3rd bedroom
- Drying space in utility room – to avoid use of dryer
- Eco-bubble washing machine – state of the art water saving
Please contact Julia for further details.
|Other Rooms||Overall floor space is about 1000 squ metres. |
SECOND FLOOR -
Kitchen / Reception Room 19.1 x 17.9ft
Bedroom 1 11.6 X 11ft
En suite shower room 7.8 X 4.8 ft
Landing 14.5 x 7.4ft
Bedroom 2 15’ X 12’
Bedroom 3 / Home Office 15’ X 7’
Bathroom 7.3 x 6.1ft
|Details of Heating||Gas condensing boiler|
|Average annual cost of utilities, electric, gas, oil, etc.||est 59% reduction|
|Details of any Accreditation or rating, e.g., BRE EcoHomes, SAP, NHER||Superhomes rated 59% reduction|
Entrance to property is through outside space.
|Secure bicycle storage?||No|
|Nearest shop/Post Office||5 min walk|
|Nearest leisure facilities||5 min walk|
|Nearest train station||5 min walk|
|Nearest bus-stop to main town/city||5 min walk|
When I bought this London flat in 1986, I re-painted and re-carpeted it throughout. Since then it’s had a few minor makeovers, some carried out by tenants, as the property has been rented since 1995. But in 2010, I decided to do a major over-haul – and the key objective was to make it as green as possible.
I’ve worked as an environmental consultant for 25 years and have written nine books on eco-issues, including green building. This gave me a huge advantage in eco-renovating the property, but I also talk advice from a green architect – and had excellent builders. The work was completed early in 2012 and the property is now available for rental.
It is unfurnished, but if requested, we would be willing to provide basic furnishings, including beds, sofa, chairs and a table.
We would like someone interested in the eco-features of the flat, so they can give us feedback on what works well – and what doesn’t. The Hab Shimmy, touch-screen information system, will provide information on how much gas, electricity and water that’s been used, as well as on local events and transport systems. For example, you can find out bus times and when the next recycling collection is due. ‘Hab’ stands for ‘happiness, architecture and beauty’ – Kevin McCloud, of Grand Designs fame, has used the acronym in his company name – Hab Oakus – and they’re promoting the Shimmy.
Details last updated: 2012-05-09 18:16:08
Please try to save paper by printing on both sides.